Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Browsing Thru: EUMCCI's Key Logistics Spots in Malaysia Market Intelligence Report 2011/2012

This is my new section, if i have extra time, i'll put on some review of some online documents/ journals articles, especially those related with logistics Malaysia on my blog. So the first document that i'm about to review is the  EUMCCI's Key Logistics Spots in Malaysia Market Intelligence Report 2011/2012.

Rather than nothing this report pretty much provides insights about the overall Malaysia Logistics industry in a short and simple view. It highlights the preparedness/weakness of Malaysian Logistics industry toward the liberalization of the industry. Malaysia Logistics Industry in reality were never that simple. But this report might help a bit in giving you the shortcut to it.

Well, there are only 103 respondents from various industries mixes of manufacturers, shippers, academia..In my opinion, they should do better with the number of respondents. To me it's too small, plus by looking at the method used (online survey) and I guess they have wider networks of contacts. I can see MIMA in there, minsitry of transport and many others big names. They should do better.. Anyway.. rather than nothing. I believe the key findings is more important here.

One of the main highlights is on the weakness of inter government cooperation, which I agree, but I guess further elaboration are needed on this. Their suggestion for custom are on one side (the researcher), there should be counter check whether customs officers were trained or not (They are well trained). Further, the listing out of subjects recommendation to be learn are easy thing to do.

I'd recommend more analysis on numbers of workforce, trained untrained, what they've learned, experience vs efficiency. Overall, this report is a pretty good one with a wee bit minor hics which I believe can be improved in future. Feel free to respond 

No comments: